Meal Prep UPDATE
If you haven’t read my original meal prep and planning post, you can check that out HERE. It gives you all the details on why I started meal planning and the impact it has made on my day to day routine. The fact that I have stuck with it, almost without fail, has shown me two things- it works and it is sustainable. I’m always looking to perfect the system, so please share your tips on how you find time to make weeknight meals.
- I prep all ingredients ahead of time.
- I’ve collected a variety of jars and small containers to keep everything organized in the bins. The cheapest way is to save empty jars from cooking (baby food, salsa, sun-dried tomatoes, etc)
- I pre-measure spices and liquids, chop vegetables and prepare meat. This is an extra step on meal prep day that saves me a ton of time (and dishes) during the week.
- I added “day of the week” magnets to the bins.
- This simple step ensures that things stay where they need to be and I don’t need to pull out each bin to see what I’m cooking. This also comes in handy when you have someone at home who is helping with prep.
Simple changes that have helped keep the process even more streamlined. How do you keep your weeknights organized?
For The Win,